Passionfruit Crunchies. This is a bit of a misnomer. This came from a newspaper cut out pasted into one of Nana’s books. I had imagined something well…crunchy. And yet these are not remotely crunchy. Instead, they are melt in your mouth, light, fluffy and tangy goodness. More like a yo-yo or melting moment – or, exactly like a yo-yo or melting moment. At least that’s how mine turned out! These disappeared from the cake stand very quickly!
You will need:
- 90g sifted icing sugar
- 185g butter
- 4 passionfruit
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 90g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- passionfruit pulp to mix
- Cream butter and icing sugar, add passionfruit.
- Sift flour, cornflour and salt together twice, gradually add to mixture; blend well.
- Drop in small quantities from a teaspoon on to greased trays. (My mixture was quite thick, so I rolled teaspoonfuls into balls and then squashed them slightly when I put them onto the trays).
- Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes. Leave on tray to allow the biscuits to cool.
- Join together with passionfruit filling made by creaming together the butter, icing sugar and some passionfruit filling.
Love Kath and Kate x
Kate, they look fantastic!
One recipe I will certainly give a go, it looks pretty simple or is that my ignorance?
Cheers and keep up the great work,